One of the most daunting things about reading The Silmarillion is keeping all of the names straight. I love this, so I want to make it more accessible for the general reader with brief character profiles.
- Name: Galadriel
- Immediate Family:
- Father & Mother: Finarfin and Eärwen
- Siblings: Finrod, Orodreth, Angrod, and Aegnor.
- Husband: Celeborn
- Daughter: Celebrían
- Home: born in Valinor, lived in Middle-earth
- Claim to fame: She was the only woman to participate in the debate of the Noldorin princes regarding their flight from Valinor.
- Why I think she’s interesting: Galadriel was ambitious, but she was also patient. She spent a lot of time with Melian and certainly learned a lot from her–knowledge that must have aided her millennia later when she ruled Lothlórien.
Photo Credit: Alex Ristea